Saturday, August 14, 2010

1 Week Post-Op

Yayyy!  One week!  7 Days!

Ok, as of today, I've lost a total of 12 pounds from the day of surgery!

My hypoglycemia hasn't scorned me as much as I thought it was going to this past week, which is really good.

One of the things that has really helped me this week is sugar free popsicles!  I like them a lot and they keep me hydrated.  I don't have a problem getting in water, but when I don't want to drink water and I need some hydration, I'll just get a SF popsicle.  I've also been drinking my water with Crystal Light.  My favorite flavor is Strawberry Kiwi and at WalMart, they only have that flavor in the newer "Crystal Light Pure" which is like less calories or something.  I'm not sure.  Anyway, it's still good.

For this next week I'll be starting the full liquid/mushy stage of eating and I'm excited!  I had some low-fat creamy tomato soup and it was really good.  It actually gave me a jump start of energy!  I'm not really that tired at all today and I think that I can finally start a walking regimen pretty soon, which is good.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to get more protein in at this stage?  I've been getting some, but not nearly enough.  I've gotten some ideas about how to get protein in from a lot of the youtube videos I watch, but anything helps.  Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment